I just got this email from a listserve I’m on that is relavant to the ongoing Porn Wiki problem, so I thought I'd quickly post to share the information onto this long-dormant blog of mine. I should add I have not done this myself so I don’t know for sure if this works or not. Unfortunately, it wouldn’t stop PWL from continuing its violent attack on models in the porn industry but it may prevent the sites you specify from popping up if someone is to search your legal name/personal info etc that PWL is distributing via interweb. If anyone tries it, or has any thoughts on this, I would be interested in hearing about it!
---------copied text of email:
I know there are a lot of concerns about the porn wiki leaks site. A friend has had some success with removing the site and her personal information from a google search for her legal name. This is what she says:
Here is the breakdown:
1) Click under "Help Center" on the bottom right corner of the Google home page.
2) Go to "Web Search Help"
3) Under Search Issues, click "Concerns about Web Search Results"
4) Click on "Remove page or site fom Google's Search results"
5) Click on "A site is publishing my confidential information"
6) Click on "Your first and last name or name of your business is appearing on an adult content site that's spamming Google's search results"
Follow the instructions from here. You will need to copy and paste the http link of Google's search results that link your name to the site. You will also need to copy and paste the http link of the website with your name on it.
A few hoops to jump through, but well worth it. About a week later, my info disappeared.
As with most wiki pages, there is the option on porn wiki leaks to become an editor. I would suggest, if you can stomach the time and the energy on this suck-ass site, trying to edit your information. It may not work, but who knows? It might.